The mission of Kings Collegiate Charter School is to prepare each student for college. The educational program is based upon three pillars: (1) We believe that creativity flourishes within a structured academic environment; (2) We have uncommonly high academic and behavioral expectations combined with extensive individual supports; and (3) We know that without great teachers, nothing else matters.
We believe that elevating student achievement and transforming lives requires constant attention to hundreds of different elements—not one, magical 100% solution, but rather one hundred, individual 1% solutions.
Kings Collegiate Charter School is modeled upon the best practices of two of the most successful charter schools in the nation: Boston Collegiate Charter School and Roxbury Preparatory Charter School. Both schools have had tremendous success in closing the achievement gap.
- Kings Collegiate is a small school, with an average class size of 25 students. This allows us to give our students the individual attention and consistent support that they need to thrive.
- Kings Collegiate has a longer school year and a longer school day. Enrichment activities are offered to all students, while Homework Center, Detention, Tutoring, and Saturday School are required for students struggling academically or behaviorally.
- Kings Collegiate provides a structured learning environment with an intense academic focus. Students have double periods of Math and English each day.
- Kings Collegiate provides a safe, supportive, and structured learning environment. BSCCS students must follow, and parents are expected to support, the school’s strict code of conduct which includes a dress code.
- Kings Collegiate families and teachers share in the support of scholars through frequent conversations and Family Involvement Committee Meetings.