- ACE Charter School
Buffalo City School District
- Bronx Charter School for Excellence 2
Bronx CSD 11
- Brooklyn Laboratory Charter High School
Brooklyn CSD 13
- Eudaimonia Charter School
Queens CSD 24
- Long Island Children's Academy Charter School
Bay Shore Union Free School District or
Brentwood Union Free School District or
Central Islip Union Free School District
- New York City Charter School of the Arts
Manhattan CSD 1 or
Manhattan CSD 2
2015 SUNY Request for Proposals - Round 1 "July Cycle"
Draft RFP Issued for Public Comment
Final RFP Issued
Letter of Intent and Evidence of Active Community Outreach Due
Successful Applicants Approved by SUNY Trustees
Earliest Approved Opening Date
The final Public List for the July 2015 Request for Proposals Cycle is now available.
Upon recommendation of the SUNY Charter Schools Institute, the SUNY Board of Trustees’ Charter Schools Committee (the “Committee”), acting on behalf of the full SUNY Board of Trustees, today approved a resolution to renew a SUNY authorized charter school located in Buffalo, New York. The Committee also approved two resolutions to approve two applications for new charter schools, both located in New York City—in the Bronx and Manhattan.
To view the press release click here.
The State University of New York Board of Trustees (“SUNY Trustees”), in its capacity as a charter authorizer, has received proposals in response to the 2015 SUNY Request for Proposals. The deadline for this round of applications was July 29, 2015. The Public List indicates only receipt of a proposal. Inclusion in the list does not indicate that the SUNY Trustees have approved or will approve the proposed new school.
All information listed was reported by applicants at the time of submission, has not been analyzed by the Institute, and is subject to change based on further information.
The Public List of the Letters of Intent submitted in response to the 2015 SUNY Request for Proposals is now available.
The SUNY Charter Schools Institute (“Institute”) announces the release of the 2015 SUNY Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to open new charter schools in New York State, including New York City. The New York Charter Schools Act of 1998 (as amended, the “Act”) requires New York's charter authorizers to solicit applications to establish new charter schools by way of a Request for Proposals process. The statute also mandates that SUNY issue a draft RFP for public comments prior to issuing the RFP. The Response to Public Comments is available here. All comments were reviewed by Institute staff, and changes were made to the RFP based on the feedback received.
The Institute is holding two rounds for available responses to this RFP: one commencing on July 10, 2015 and one commencing on December 11, 2015.
Timelines for each round are outlined in the RFP; following are some key dates :
For the cycle commencing on July 10, 2015:
- Required Letter of Intent Due: July 10, 2015 by 12:00 p.m. EST
- Final Proposal Due: July 29, 2015 by 12:00 p.m. EST
- Target School Opening Date: Fall 2016 or 2017
- The Institute anticipates presenting any new charter recommendations that may result from the July 2015 cycle to the SUNY Board of Trustees’ Charter Schools Committee in October 2015.
For the cycle commencing on December 11, 2015, key dates include:
- Required Letter of Intent Due: December 11, 2015 by 12:00 p.m. EST
- Final Proposal Due: January 22, 2016 by 12:00 p.m. EST
- Target School Opening Date: Fall 2017