Reporting Requirements: New Trustees
To add a trustee to a charter school board, the procedures in § 2.3 of the Charter Agreement, and summarized below must be followed.
- The board votes to elect the proposed trustee per the education corporation’s by-laws. Please note that at this point the candidate is not yet an approved trustee and cannot vote or take any official action on behalf of the education corporation nor does the candidate count toward quorum.
- The board then must notify the SUNY Charter Schools Institute (the “Institute”) by sending an email to charter.schools (at) suny.edu with the candidate’s name.
- The Institute’s operations team will schedule tasks in Epicenter requesting the following documents:
- Request for Information Form (“RFI”) completed and signed by the candidate;
- Resume or brief biographical information of the candidate;
- A copy of the board resolution or minutes showing approval of the prospective member; and
- An updated and complete list of board members.
- Once all documentation is received, the Institute will review the submission and reach out with any questions. The board may send an email to the Institute with any questions regarding the approval process.
The Institute will send an approval letter via email and upload the same to Epicenter. The candidate will then be promoted to trustee.
Charter Agreement § 2.3 and Monitoring Plan
Charter Schools Institute via charter.schools (at) suny.edu