Collection of resources for the community
The driving concept behind the creation of public charter schools is to give parents choice. The questions below can be used to assist parents in selecting a school for their child. Responses to these questions, along with a school visit, can be helpful in the selection process.
- What are the school’s goals?
- Is the school meeting its goals?
- What does the school expect from every student?
- How long has the school been operating?
- Do you think the school’s charter will be renewed? Why?
- How do parents know if the school is doing well?
- How will the charter school help my child to succeed?
- What role do parents play at the school?
- How long is the school day? The school year?
- How many students are in each class?